$69.99 0-55% Brix SORBETOMETER Sorbet Refractometer
The BOSS B-55ATC SORBETOMETER is a well built 0-55% Brix Refractometer with Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC). This unit can be used for measuring the sugar levels of Sorbets, Smoothie Concentrates, Juice Concentrates, Soda Concentrates, BIG Beer Wort and Wine Grape Must. It can also be used for CNC coolant and Drawing and Stamping concentrations. Other less industrial applications are Jellies, Jams, Chutneys, Preserves, Fruits, Vegetables and Grasses (like Alfalfa, Sorghum, Wheat and other grains), Prunes, Raisins and more!
* 0-55% Brix BIG PRINT Scale
* Accurate to +/- 0.50% Brix
* Scale Divisions: 0.50%
* Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
* SUPER Sturdy design, made of durable machined Aluminum, not "carbon" plastic
* Comes in a Sturdy Plastic HARD CASE with a Calibration Screwdriver, Pipette and Users Guide
* Comes with a MONSTER 10 YEAR WARRANTY against defects! Good luck finding a better warranty!
Sorbets are typically made of simple syrup (water and sugar) and suitable flavoring. As with other ice creams, air also needs to be incorporated in the base mixture to avoid rock-solid end results. Sorbets normally do not contain any dairy products, and without the fat these contain, the challenge is usually to keep down the size of the ice crystals. As with ordinary ice cream, large ice crystals will affect the texture negatively, away from the desired “smooth” and closer to the undesired “icy”.
Calibrate with distilled water (water = 0% Brix) - so simple!
National Industrial Supply
30777 Rancho California #891420
Temecula, CA 92589, USA