Refractometer Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth - Brix, Salinity, Honey, Maple, Wort
* 7" x 5 3/4" Refractometer Microfiber Wiping Cloth
Over time the glass prism of your refractometer will develop a layer of film that can make readings inaccurate or hazy in appearance. Using these cloths can minimize any damage that can occur over time when used with a distilled water soaked cotton T-Shirt (see the cleaning procedure recommendations outlined below). These wiping cloths are recommended as a finishing wipe or drying cloth only. Wiping dry cloths over the surface of your refractometers prism can lead to minor scratches - never wipe the prism dry!
Some samples will leave behind a residue. If you do not effectively wipe off the residue of the samples, future samples can be jeopardized.
We recommend the following cleaning procedure for ANY Refractometer:
- Blot the REFRACTOMETER with a damp (use distilled water as it will not leave any residue) cotton cloth (a clean T-shirt is perfect) - 100% Cotton is best. Damp, not dripping wet.
- Wipe the prism and daylight plate with gentle force
- If you need something a little more aggressive in cleaning off the residue on your unit, please try Isopropyl Alcohol 70% (aka "Rubbing Alcohol"). Please do not over apply the Isopropyl Alcohol as in large quantities it can attack the binder that keeps your prism glued to your refractometer! Clean and re-clean as needed. DO NOT OVER APPLY! DO NOT USE OTHER SOLVENTS AS THEY WILL DAMAGE YOUR UNIT (Kerosene, Mineral Spirits, Acetone, Hydrogen Peroxide, Perc, Toluene, 1-1-1, etc). When in doubt consult with the Refractometer manufacturer/store.
- Use the Refractometer Micro Fiber Wiping Cloth to dry up the moisture left behind
- Let the Refractometer Micro Fiber Wiping Cloth dry outside the Refractometer case so you don't introduce moisture into your Refractometer Case. Moisture inside a Refractometer can be damaging to the unit
This process will make your Refractometer last longer and give you better readings!
CHEAPER THAN BUYING A NEW UNIT!
For use on Brix, Salinity, Clinical, Refractive Index, Antifreeze, Honey, Syrup and other Refractometers!
Hand held or Digital units!
Shipping is $6.00 ($4.00 to Canada) via US Postal's Global Priority Mail/Air Mail and is advertised as taking 3-8 business days. USPS is a very reliable service, but please be aware that there are no tracking numbers. Order at your own risk! (Don't worry, 99.6% of the international packages arrive with no problems).
If you want to use UPS or FedEx (because they have tracking numbers), please e-mail us so we can prepare a tailored shipping quote to your country. Brace yourself as they are frequently at least 3x the price of USPS!
Questions? Larger Orders? Please feel free to call, fax or e-mail!
WE HAVE BEEN ON eBay FOR OVER 10+ YEARS!
WE HAVE SOLD OVER 40,000 REFRACTOMETERS!
WE ARE eBay's REFRACTOMETER EXPERTS!