RSG-100ATC Black, Brix & Beer Sugar Wine Wort SG 0-32% Refractometer - Aluminum, Soft Case Version
This is a decent quality item! This unit is made of Aluminum and has a 2 year Warranty!
* 0-32% Brix Scale / 1.000-1.120 Wort Specific Gravity
* Accurate to +/- 0.20% Brix / +/- 0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
* Scale Divisions: 0.20% / 0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
* Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
* Sturdy design, made of lightweight machined Aluminum, not "carbon" plastic
* Comes in a zipper SOFTCASE, with a calibration screwdriver, pipette and users guide
One BRAND NEW RSG-100ATC (0-32% Brix / 1.000-1.120 Wort & Must Specific Gravity Scales) Hand Held Refractometer in a zipper bag. This unit is designed specifically for the making of BEER and WINE! This unit is also great for the testing of Fruits, Vegetables and Grasses, Wine or Beer makers and for the maintenance of CNC Coolants (Soluble Oils, Semi-Synthetics, Neo-Synthetics and Synthetics) and Water Soluble Drawing & Stamping Compounds.
Fruits, Vegetables and Grasses: This unit will help you monitor the sugar levels of your crops, plants and trees. A valuable tool to help determine if it's the right time for harvest or you need to alter your plant food. Take this item with you to your local farmer's market and buy the best quality!
Metalworking Fluids: Help maintain your coolant levels to improve finishes, extend tool life, elongate your coolant life and save you money! Excellent for Soluble Oils, Semi-Synthetics, and Synthetics! This is THE unit that is used around the world at Boeing, Airbus, Ford Motor Company, Toyota, West Coast Choppers and other manufacturer's big and small!
Beer & Wine: Use the Brix readings to get your Wort and Must sugars and help to determine your finished alcohol readings (use in conjunction with a hydrometer).
BEER AND WINE MAKING INFORMATION:
Are you tired of not hitting your desired target gravities? Have you tried to cool a large sample so you could use a hydrometer and see what your gravity is? A refractometer allows you take instant gravities readings at any point during the boil, or run off from the mash. On the fly readings allow you to add more water or boil longer so you can attain exactly the gravity you desire or stop sparging before you extract tannins form the grain. Unlike a hydrometer, a refractometer is a simple solution requiring only a couple drops for a sample.
Refractometers measure degrees brix, which are nearly equivalent to Balling or Plato. A specific gravity scale for unfermented wort is also included. For reading once fermentation has started software prograrms like ProMash and Beer Smith are recommended.
Here’s how: A refractometer instantly reads gravity, in Brix, and specific gravity for unfermented wort by measuring the degree that light passing through the sample is bent. Refraction is what makes a pencil look bent when dipped in a glass of water. If you were to stick a pencil in a series of glasses holding increasingly concentrated sugar water, you would see the pencil apparently bends to a greater degree as the sugar content rises. A refractometer works on the same principal.
Easy to use: Apply 2-3 drops to the prism face, close cover and make sure the glass has no dry spots or air bubbles. Wait 30 seconds to allow the sample to come to ambient temperature. Look through the eyepiece while aiming your refractometer at a light source. The meter will show a line between blue and clear. This line will correspond with the brix scale on the side of the viewing screen.
To calibrate: Place one drop of distilled water on the prism face and turn the manual calibration screw to it reads 0 Brix if necessary.
The RSG-100ATC use ambient light, no battery or power source is required. Models with the “ATC” suffix are equipped with “Automatic Temperature Compensation” for accurate measurements without recalibration after shifts in ambient working temperature (field use). You don't need a temperature correction chart if you take readings when the ambient air temp is between 50-86'F (10-30'C).
Included are: a pipette for dropping test fluids onto the prism (never dip the refractometer into the test fluid!), a mini screwdriver for scale calibration, and a Users Guide. Comes in a zipper bag SOFTCASE.
Comes with a TWO YEAR Warranty against manufacturers defects!
Home Brewing fun facts :
* Homebrewing was legalized in the USA by former President Jimmy Carter in 1979. The law permits you to brew 100 gallons of home brew per year if you live on your own, or 200 gallons per household with 2 or more adults.
*Home Brewing is now legal in ALL states in the USA! There was a time when that was not the case...
* May 7th is National Homebrewing Day in the USA. This was made official by Congress in 1988.
* Every year since 1979, there has been a National Home brew Competition. The first competition had 34 entries. In 2010, there were 6,287 entries!
* Brewing in the home began several thousand years ago with the dawn of agriculture.
* Reinheitsgebot, the famous German Purity Law of 1516, stated that beer can only consist of water, barley and hops. Yeast was not a known ingredient until the 1800's and was not added to the German law until the 20th Century. Reinheitsgebot remained in effect until 1987!
More are available at www.nisupply.com which is our Store!
National Industrial Supply
30777 Rancho California #891420
Temecula, CA 92589, USA
We Prefer Paypal!
|Pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal!|
We Also Recommend