Vee Gee Scientific PDX-1 Digital Refractometer, with Brix/Refractive Index/Sodium Chloride Scales, 0-65% Brix
This refractometer is housed in a durable ABS resin body for use in harsh or humid conditions while a polycarbonate resin thermoplastic (Lexan) overlay protects the input keys and digital display. The VEE GEE PDX-1 features ATC for immediate and accurate readings, with an ambient temperature range of 5 to 35 degrees C. The unit is factory-calibrated and can be calibrated with distilled water. The stainless steel sample well provides resistance to corrosive samples. The sloped shape eases sample pouring and helps avoid spills while taking measurements. The palm-sized outer shell is flat on the back, with rubber grips for placing on surfaces. The PDX-1 can be programmed with high and low limits. If a measurement falls outside of the target range, a red LED alarm and the LCD flash to alert the operator. The unit displays measurement readings within one second, and comes with a protective storage case, a zippered vinyl carrying case, two prism covers for protecting the prism when not in use, a plastic transfer pipet, a 9V battery, and an instruction manual.
|Measurement scale range||Refractive index 1.3330 to 1.4535nD, Brix 0.0 to 65.0%, NaCl 0.0 to 28.0%|
|Specimen measurement temperature range||5.0 to 35.0 degrees C|
|Accuracy||Refractive index + or - 0.0001nD, Brix + or - 0.1%, NaCl + or - 0.1%, Temperature 1 degrees C|
|Resolution||Refractive index 0.0001nD, Brix 0.1%, NaCl 0.1%, Temperature 0.1 degrees C|
|High-low limit resolution||Refractive index 0.0001nD, Brix 0.1%, NaCl 0.1%|
|Ambient temperature for unit operation||5 to 35 degrees C|
|Sample volume||> 0.1mL|
|Measurement time||1.0 seconds|
|Body type||ABS resin|
|Power supply||One 9V battery|
|Dimensions||45 x 95 x 170mm (H x W x D)|
H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Refractometers are used to determine substance content in a sample, to provide unit readings of substances including Brix, salinity, and alcohol; to detect chemical impurities, or to measure components of samples such as industrial fluid. Refractometers measure the refractive index of a substance, which is its optical characteristic, and the number of dissolved particles in it. The refractive index is the ratio of the speed of light in empty space to the speed of light in a substance; when light passes from one medium to another. Generally, a low concentration sample has a larger angle of refraction than a high concentration sample. For example, a straw placed in a high-concentration substance appears more bent than when placed in a low-concentration substance. Refractometers can work with natural light, or with an external power source such as batteries or electricity. They typically have either a digital or analog reading display, though some units utilize both types. Some analog-display refractometers can be used for both solids and liquids. Digital-display refractometers are used exclusively for liquids. Types of refractometers include handheld, benchtop, and in-process. Handheld refractometers are elongated and telescope-shaped, or shorter and rectangular. Analog handheld refractometer readings are obtained by looking through the monocular eyepiece and viewing where the boundary line intersects with the memory line. Digital handheld models provide a digital readout. Benchtop refractometers typically measure with a higher degree of accuracy than handheld units. In-process refractometers are used for continuous process monitoring and data readouts, and are generally fitted into a piping system for ongoing analysis. Refractometers are used in a wide variety of applications in the culinary, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, educational, geological, chemical, ecological, and automotive industries, and for water-testing applications.
VEE GEE Scientific manufactures laboratory equipment and supplies, and makes the VanGuard brand of products. The company, founded in 1981 and headquartered in Kirkland, WA, offers scientific equipment for educational, research, clinical, and industrial applications.
- Handheld pocket refractometer for measurement of refractive index (1.3330 to 1.4535nD), Brix scale (0.0 to 65.0%), or sodium chloride (NaCl) (0.0 to 28.0%) of fruit, juices, soft drinks, wine must, cutting and grinding lubricants, cleaning agents, or pickling brines with a temperature range between 5.0 to 35.0 degrees C
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC) for immediate and accurate calibration readings, regardless of ambient temperature
- LCD-illuminated digital display of measurement readings in one second with programmable high and low limit alerts with high-resolution (2048 pixels) linear charge-coupled device (CCD) sensor and LED light source powered by 9V battery
- Rectangular palm-sized shape (45 x 95 x 170mm) with flat back with rubber grips for resting on surfaces, and an optical glass prism housed in circular high-polish stainless steel sample well for resistance to corrosive samples
- Durable and water-resistant acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) resin body for use in humid or harsh conditions with a polycarbonate resin thermoplastic overlay to protect input keys and digital display
National Industrial Supply
30777 Rancho California #891420
Temecula, CA 92589, USA
We prefer Paypal
We Also Recommend